Friday, March 5, 2010

I am Lazy.

I just got back from the Virgin Islands. I spent 6 consecutive days at the beach. And by 6 days I mean 6 full days—morning to evening. Wait was it 5? Anyway I am not over exaggerating for effect. And I loved it, absolutely loved it. So this week it was back to life, back to reality…and everyone started asking me about the vaca, which is so kind, people are nice, people care about me.

But I started getting concerned when I kept having a similar convo with everyone who asked.

The chats have been going something like this:

Nice person who cares about me: “So what did you do on your trip?”

Me: “We went to the beach and just kicked it.”

Nice person who cares about me: “Well, what else did you do?”

Me (confused): “Ummm…well we went to the beach and we kicked it.”

Nice person who cares about me: “No, really what else?”

Me (still confused): “Well, I guess there was some snorkeling, and some kayaking and some swimming and some reading and some eating and some walking and some talking and some journal time but like I said mostly just kicking it on the beach.”

Nice person who cares about me: “Really? You weren’t bored?”

Me: “Um, no it is the beach…”

Nice person who cares about me: “So you pretty much just layed out for a week? I could never do that, I would die.”

Me: “Really? That sucks. I guess I am just lazy.”

Seriously? How could you not be happy for the rest of your life doing this? But what do I know I am lazy. I'm lazy and I like it.













3 comments:

  1. Point A - you are SO not lazy.
    Point B - I am SO not lazy.
    Point C - I could lay for weeks on a beach.
    I think that these points just go to show that we are COOL. Not lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! I would hardly describe you as lazy. You work so hard so you can go to the beach right? Plus you needed to thaw out, SLC has been ice cold, everyone needs time to slow down and relax for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Court--
    A: Ditto to the note from The Payne-Rinne Family
    B: I could chill on a beach for a week...or two...or you know...maybe I could try for life... reading, snorkeling, snoozing, drinking umbrella drinks or whatever.
    C: People who can't turn their brains off and need to be constantly entertained...not who I'm looking to vacation with anyway...no matter how much I love them. ;)
    Looks like you had a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete