Saturday, March 13, 2010

Goodbye Golden Arches


For at least the last decade of my life when March 8 rolled around I would eat lunch at McDonalds. After all it was my birthday tradition and I liked it. People have been judging me for years about it. People have offered to take me somewhere else, they have begged actually but I have always stood strong. I never faltered.

Over the last decade there have been good times, embarrassing times, sick times and silly times. Yes, I once made my pregnant friend take me there even though she may or may not have thrown up during and or after the meal. Yes, I once got a little too excited and ate a couple fries off someone else’s tray and was publically shunned for it. But I wouldn’t change thing, I have loved every minute of it.

But this year when March 8th rolled around I just knew that it was time, time to say goodbye to the golden arches. As the good word reads: To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven…

Some get over the golden fries and happy meals at 6, who cares if it took me a little longer…and by a little longer I mean until I was 30.

We have had a good, long run. Thanks for memories. Goodspeed.

2 comments:

  1. Had I been up there you know I would have made it happen....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You just need a new tradition to replace the old. Something that is a step up, like Chuck-A-Rama or Sizzler. Next year its on me...

    ReplyDelete